The summer camp of Confucius Institute is to provide an environment for students to promote their Chinese language level and to experience Chinese culture intimately. In 2016, our camp will be hosted in Shanghai University, the Chinese partner of Confucius Institute at Boğaziçi University.
1. 30-hour Chinese language course of primary and intermediate level;
2. Local tours to Shanghai downtown (the Bund, Oriental Pearl Tower, Yu Garden, etc.), Nanjing, Suzhou, and Hangzhou;
3. Practice of Tai-chi, tea art, calligraphy, and other cultural activities;
4. Lodge and accommodation, tickets and local transportation for tours, and other compulsory programs of the camp, will be covered by the organizer.
Requirements for students
1. Applicants should have attended at least one semester of Chinese language course (45 hours), with a proof from their respective institutions.
2. Applicants need fill a form of their personal information as well as a statement of their intents to join the camp.
3. Once admitted, students have to sign an agreement with Confucius Institute for security, health and other relevant concerns; if they cannot join due to schedule conflict or other reasons, students have to inform Confucius Institute within one week after the official announcement.
4. Each participant need provide a deposit of 200TL, which will be returned after the participants finish all the programs of the camp. If the participant do not quit as regulated or do not finish the necessary requirements, the deposit will be forfeited.
5. Students need pay the visa fee, return air tickets, as well as other individual expenses.
1. Application: March 1-April 1, 2016
2. Interview: 8 April, 2016 (TBA)
3. Announcement of the outcome: one week after the interview
4. Signing agreement, application for visa, air tickets: April and June, 2016
5. The camp: June30 1-July13, 2016
Application forms should be sent to email@example.com; for consultation,
Contacts: Nurdan: 0212 3594 670 (Turkish/English)
Gao：0212 3594 674 (Chinese/English)
* Due to the new visa policy of the Chinese Consulate General in Istanbul, all participants need take necessary documents to apply for visa themselves. Confucius Institute will not help the visa application anymore. The visa center’s information is as followed:
Chinese Visa Application Service Centre in Istanbul
Maslak Mah. Meydan Sokak.
No.5 Spring Giz Plaza
Kat: 14 D47-48
34398 Sariyer / Istanbul